Origin: DC Comics
Classification: Alien/Ryutian intergalactic terrorist, and leader of the Red Lantern Corps
Age: Unknown, possibly several million years.
Powers and Abilities: Super strength, super durability, invulnerability, super resistance to injury, shamanistic magic that can locate other beings and foresee the future (before becoming a Red Lantern). Super strength, automatic shields, generates forcefields, super durability, intangibility, invulnerability, super resistance to injury, super endurance, super speed, flight, opens portals to other universes, crosses dimensions, super reflexes, super agility, survives without a heart, longevity, heals self and others, tracks other beings across dimensional boundaries, energy manipulation/absorption/projection, matter manipulation, telepathic defenses, can survive in space, creation of solid energy constructs, able to translate nearly any language, can create copies of the ring, can summon other RLs, able to spit acidic blood that corrodes even Green Lantern constructs, can manipulates dimensions, telepathy, reality warping, time manipulation, can grant power to others, performs very fine manipulation on small - scale structures such as brain surgery or removing nanomachines from an organic being, hacking and data processing/transmission, can analyze targets very quickly and accurately and identify most beings, substances, and anomalies
Destructive Capability: At least star system level+ (at least comparable to Green Lantern's)
Range: At least star system level+ (at least comparable to Green Lantern's)
Weaknesses: If the ring is destroyed, the wearer will die because their blood is replaced with the red energy upon first becoming a Red Lantern. And in Atrocitus' case, also because his heart was ripped out during the Blackest Night event.
Lifting Strength: Around 1 quintillion (1,000,000,000,000,000,000) tons before becoming a Red Lanter, at least 1 sextillion 1,000,000,000,000,000,000) tons after
Striking Strength: Around 1 exatonne (1,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons of force) before becoming a Red Lantern, at least 1 zettatonne (1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons of force) after
Durability: Planet level+ before becoming a Red Lantern, at least multi - star system level+ after
Endurance: Massively enhanced superhuman
Speed: Largely FTL (at least comparable to Green Lantern's)
Intelligence: High. He is able to easily coordinate his Red Lanterns against both Green and Yellow Lanterns, some knowledge of magic. Trained psychologist
Standard Equipment: Red Lantern Ring, Red Lantern Power Battery (used to recharge the ring and is stored in another dimension, however he usually doesn't carry it around with him)
- Auto-Aura: A passive ability that activates several enhancements simply by wearing the ring. Grants increased durability, allows flight and lets the user survive in space.
- Aura Destruction: The red ring's energy is able to burn through the basic auras of other Lanterns.
- Autoshields: A forcefield that activates automatically whenever the Lantern is in danger, independent of their own will. This shield is not as strong as a purpose - created forcefield, however
- Constructs: Like all Lantern rings, the user can create energy constructs to use as weapons, restraints, or tools. Atrocitus is the only Red Lantern able to perform this feat, though Guy Gardner was able to do it as well when he was briefly a member of the RL Corps.
- Rage Control: Red rings gain power from the anger of those around them. Anyone who faces a Red Lantern already in a state of anger is even more vulnerable to a red power ring's attack, as their anger only feeds the attack and increases its destructive power.
- Scan: RL Rings can analyze a target comprehensively, determining its identity, power source, power level, threat level, weaknesses, capabilities, etc. This takes a bit of time to complete, though.