Origin: DC Comics
Classification: New God
Age: Unknown, likely at least thousands, possibly millions of years old
Powers and Abilities: Super strength, super leaping, super durability, invulnerability, super dense skin, muscle, and bone tissue, super resistance to injury, super endurance, super speed, flight, teleportation, super reflexes, super agility, sometimes portrayed as being non-corporeal, Immortality, cosmic senses, energy manipulation and projection, matter manipulation, time manipulation, dimension manipulation, soul manipulation, telepathy, reality warping, granted by the Source, shape-shifting, can erase targets from existence and restore them, teleport targets to different time periods or alternate universes/dimensions, telekinesis, illusion creation, weather manipulation, can survive in space, resistant to reality warping, able to grant powers to others and create powerful beings, can create avatars of himself that have most of his powers, can resurrect other beings even if their bodies have been completely destroyed
Destructive Capability: Stellar level+
Range: Above universal and cross-dimensional with the Omega Effect
Weaknesses: Radion (a lethal substance to New Gods), often is overconfident and does not use his powers to their full extent, is fated to be defeated by his son Orion
Lifting Strength: At least 1 sextillion (1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) tons
Striking Strength: At least 1 zettatonne (1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons of force)
Durability: Star system level+, but immortality and non-corporeality make him very hard to kill
Endurance: Largely superhuman
Speed: FTL for both movement and reaction (exact level unknown, shown to be flying through space at "unimaginable speeds" to reach the Source Wall (which is on the edge of the universe), he usually teleports himself or uses Boom Tubes, though
Intelligence: Countless millennia of political and battle experience, incredible planner and schemer, has technical knowledge almost on par with Metron, knowledge of martial arts (as shown in his battle with Orion), capable of outsmarting cosmic beings, intimate knowledge of the workings of the multiverse
Standard Equipment: Mother Box, Boom - Tube
- Boom - Tube: Barda can travel interstellar distances quickly by creating an apparent tube between two points which she can travel, basically a portal.
- Summoning: Barda can summon her Boom - Tube.
- Omega Beams/Effect: A power derived from the Source, manifested as beams from his eyes which make sharp - angled turns to follow opponents, they have demonstrated the ability to phase through matter and energy, ignoring everything but their target, with interplanetary and interdimensional range, as well as traveling through time, and completely bypassing most forms of defense. Effects on the target can include simple heat/concussion attacks, transmutation, teleportation to any point in space, time, or dimensions that Darkseid chooses, de-materializing the target's body and encapsulating the target's life force inside of a container which can be restored later, destroying the target and storing its "pattern" in Darkseid's mind, which he can recreate later if he wishes, extracting the target's soul, or removing the target completely from existence. It should also be noted that when fired from the hands it becomes the omega effect and is exponentially more powerful then the omega beams. Because of the raw power of this ability most writers completely ignore its existence for the sake of simplicity.
- Omega Sanction: A form of the Omega Effect that captures the target's soul and sends it to be tortured in a progressively worse series of realities. Apparently if Darkseid dies the target will be reincarnated in a random time and place (like when Batman was sent back to the stone age).
- Mother Box: Barda possesses a Mother Box, which grants her various powers, including;
- Energy Manipulation/Projection: Barda can manipulate and project large amounts of energy.
- Mystical Rapport with Nature: Barda's Mother Box has a mystical rapport with nature.
- Self - Destruction: If Barda should die, when she dies her Mother Box will self - destruct with tremendous force.